Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FUJICA AX-1 X-FUJINON 1:1.9, f=50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: FUJICA AX-1 X-FUJINON 1:1.9, f=50mm Reply with quote

I just bought one of these on evil bay. Couldn't get much info on it, which is always bad i think. Does anyone have anything good to say about it or the lens?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the STX-1, nice camera, good viewfinder.

I had the X-Fujinons 1.6/55, 1.6/50, 1.9/50 and 2.2/55.

The 1.6/55 I liked, very good lens. The 1.6/50 was poor on NEX, okay on film. 1.9/50 was okay on NEX, okay on film, 2.2/55 was okay on NEX, okay on film.

I lost interest in collecting any other Fujinons because with the exception of the 1.6/55 I was not impressed with them, I didn't see any strong points, they were just okay.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx m8, sounds like its an average type, reflected in the price i suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only speak of those four, all were competent, just there are others that are better. Maybe the other focal lengths are stronger, I don't know. I still have a 2.2/55 and the 1.6/50 which is the EBC DM version. I'd be happy to pass them along to you for very little, I listed them on ebay and no takers, if you want them, drop me a PM and I'll cut you a deal you can't refuse Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have the 50mm f1.9 lens and am pleased with the results on a film camera, it's sharp but really haven't compared it with the best of my other 50mms.