Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR lens set questions.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR lens set questions. Reply with quote

Hi all,
New here and I am looking for some help with some old Konica Hexanon AR lenses. I have a set in possession and no body (broke years ago). My wife was going to either throw them in the yard sale pile or drop them at the thrift store! I have been poking around the internet and it seems they could be of use to someone and be able to make us a little spending money. I have these:
50 mm F.1.7
28mm F3.5
135 mm F3.5
auto tele converter

Can someone help me to know what these are worth and the best way to sell them? Forum? Ebay? As a set? Separately?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

D.

Edit: also, I don't have a camera to test these on. They all look like they are are in excellent condition and all have screw on tiffen lens covers. Is there a fair way to advertise these? I don't want to misrepresent these to anyone. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Konica Hexanon AR lens set questions. Reply with quote

dasein wrote:
Hi all,
New here and I am looking for some help with some old Konica Hexanon AR lenses. I have a set in possession and no body (broke years ago). My wife was going to either throw them in the yard sale pile or drop them at the thrift store! I have been poking around the internet and it seems they could be of use to someone and be able to make us a little spending money. I have these:
50 mm F.1.7
28mm F3.5
135 mm F3.5
auto tele converter

Can someone help me to know what these are worth and the best way to sell them? Forum? Ebay? As a set? Separately?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

D.

Edit: also, I don't have a camera to test these on. They all look like they are are in excellent condition and all have screw on tiffen lens covers. Is there a fair way to advertise these? I don't want to misrepresent these to anyone. Thanks again.

these lenses can be used on mirrorless digital cameras
first of all make sure that lens iris closes without problems, that focus ring moves freely, that the glass elements are clean and without scratches. all these things determine how much you can ask for them

also when taking photos of the lenses to use for advert clean the glass with cloth for cleaning glasses. potential buyers will be more attracted to clean lenses. but be careful not to scratch the glass while cleaning

as for price...take a look at ebay and find an average price for each of the lenses . quick search there and 50mm goes around 50€,28mm for around 59€ and 135mm for 75€, so together would be 150-175€, but decision on the price is entirely up to you

(i bought yesterday localy konica autoreflex tc4 with 50mm/1.7 for 400kn that's about 53€)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those prices Wolverine quoted are the max you will get, they often fetch half of that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I think those prices Wolverine quoted are the max you will get, they often fetch half of that.

those prices are "buy it now" prices and mid range. off course, an auction for these lenses might fetch lower prices

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid that seller's track record is important too. Top seller on ebay and new comer has very different price range. As you are new to us, nobody knows or recommend. Imo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. Very helpful. I will give it a whirl on ebay and see what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Searching on completed listings gives a better idea of value.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dasein,

Unless I am mistaken, the only Hexanon among your lenses is the 50.1.7 (far left). The 28/3.5 and 135/3.5 both seem to be Hexars. The two Konica lens cases are of the Hexar type and are proprietary to those two lenses.

I also think you will be very fortunate to get the prices Wolverine mentioned. You will better your chances by cleaning your lenses and by taking many detailed pictures of them, front back and side.

If, however, you have or are planning to acquire a mirrorless camera, I suggest you keep them and use them with that camera with a suitable K/AR (Konica) adapter. You should get very pleasing images with these lenses.

Good luck