Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Tele-Dynar 29cm Heliar variant
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Voigtlander Tele-Dynar 29cm Heliar variant Reply with quote

I'm selling this lens, but I want to stick it here to remember it for future reference -

Voigtlander Tele-Dynar 29cm f/6.3 large format telephoto lens in Dial-set Compur shutter

Based on the serial number, I estimate this was made around 1932.

Comes with bayonet flange for Voigtlander Bergheil plate camera (I believe for the 9x12 size), plus the usual mounting ring for lensboard mounting.

The Voigtlander Bergheil had an interchangeable mounting system, as did some of the other high-end plate cameras of the day such as the Ica/Zeiss Ideal and Juwell. This lens was the standard telephoto option on the 9x12 Bergheil.

The Tele-Dynar was a Heliar (five elements in three groups) variant, modified to act as a telephoto.

As per Voigtlander its specified to cover 9x12, but it seems to cover 4x5 nicely, and doesn't need too much extension.
The shutter is a typical dial-set Compur, B, T, 1-200.

Didn't get the chance to mount and use it properly, but oh well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to sharing it, first one what I seen!