Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flowers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Flowers Reply with quote

Sony NEX5N & Konica Hexanon AR 3.5/55 Macro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, i like the "strong" PP in this case, just maybe the sharpening is a tad too strong.

Tomas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
Very nice, i like the "strong" PP in this case, just maybe the sharpening is a tad too strong.

Tomas

+1 looks a bit made with crap compact , certainly I can wrong , but remind me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
+1 looks a bit made with crap compact , certainly I can wrong , but remind me.

Shocked Crying or Very sad Sony NEX5N & Konica Hexanon AR 3.5/55 Macro.

I take your point about the sharpening, Tomas. I'll try toning it down a bit. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first one and I believe I can see what you were doing in the 2nd with the highlights.Perhaps you could explain a little of what you were trying to achieve.I mean, are they purely just flower shots or are they how should I say.."designed" flower shots for printing?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK the 5N uses the same 16 MP sensor as used in the Nikon D7000 and Pentax K5 cameras - the pixel pitch is very close to that in the 36 MP Nikon D800. I don't know the lens but Hexanon has a good reputation and most manufacturers can make a good macro lens. So it looks like a good system. It wouldn't surprise me if you could take a picture, reduce it to web size (using Bicubic sharper) and obtain a very sharp picture, as shown here, with very little or no extra sharpening.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I like the first one and I believe I can see what you were doing in the 2nd with the highlights.Perhaps you could explain a little of what you were trying to achieve.I mean, are they purely just flower shots or are they how should I say.."designed" flower shots for printing?

Moira, they are just flower shots. I was spending an evening taking product shots of some of my camera gear (which you can view in the Equipment gallery! Wink ), when my wife arrived home with a bunch of flowers. So I took a few shots using my light tent to see how they would turn out. Just a bit of fun really. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen your equipment shots and I think they are great....its nice to see different bits of gear that you would not normally buy.

For what's worth I like the first one for the focused area,the highlights on the bottom petals and finally the green stem...it holds interest from top to bottom you might say.