Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 137a 135mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 137a 135mm f3.5 Reply with quote

Shot with Sony Nex5n. No PP, only resized. All wide open. Shutter speed, ISO not recorded (sorry)

#1 Dave

#2 Erick

#3 Tres

Last edited by aspen on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm the shots are nice, but focus on the face + eyes only in the last one,

what is interesting to me is that jupiter 37A has a pre-set aperture and it has alot of blades making a pretty nice circle but bokeh in the last shot is hexagon shaped... how could that be? or is jupiter 137a is a different model lens than a 37a ? if so could you please post a few images of the lens it self? ...Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:
hmm the shots are nice, but focus on the face + eyes only in the last one,

what is interesting to me is that jupiter 37A has a pre-set aperture and it has alot of blades making a pretty nice circle but bokeh in the last shot is hexagon shaped... how could that be? or is jupiter 137a is a different model lens than a 37a ? if so could you please post a few images of the lens it self? ...Thanks!

You're right Smoli, I changed lenses, and hesitated in uploading that one..I'll delete it. (I need to keep better records Sad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Sorry my friend.
i think all your shot can be great but the problem is getting that focus spot on, and with a long lens it isnt that easy.
please post a few more shot with this lens, i think it is a great on and for sure the best bang for your buck in 135mm department.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:
I'm Sorry my friend.
i think all your shot can be great but the problem is getting that focus spot on, and with a long lens it isnt that easy.
please post a few more shot with this lens, i think it is a great on and for sure the best bang for your buck in 135mm department.

I will. certainly. I did use the manual focus assist, but I may have jostled the camera, somewhat. I do have this lens in my bag, so I can take more shots this week. And I appreciate your criticism Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i say the potential is there the Jupiter 37a is an amazing lens but with no PP you don't bring the best out of it take this image the focus is actually good it bang on on the eyes a little PP and its great

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, Eddie! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Can i say the potential is there the Jupiter 37a is an amazing lens but with no PP you don't bring the best out of it take this image the focus is actually good it bang on on the eyes a little PP and its great

I agree that the focus is fine on this shot, but this pp makes the guy look sunburnt.
Sorry Eddie. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:

I agree that the focus is fine on this shot, but this pp makes the guy look sunburnt.
Sorry Eddie. Sad

LoL Scot, he, actually, is a bit sunburned. Here is one that I ran through Gimp2.8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspen wrote:
SonicScot wrote:

Sorry Eddie. Sad

LoL Scot, he, actually, is a bit sunburned.

Laughing glad to hear that.