Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 80-160mm f3.5 constant aperture
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Minolta 80-160mm f3.5 constant aperture Reply with quote

Big heavy, but image quality is excellent especially for a zoom lens , any experience ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think I'd have tried one, wouldn't you. I have had several chances to buy one and missed out on them. As you probably already know they came out in 1962 and were only made for a couple years. Weight is 1350 grams and it is a 15/10 design.
That look like a beautiful example. Smile
If you get the chance can you please post some sample pics taken by the lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.35 kilos! Wow, some beast of a lens. Shocked

I knew you'd know about this lens Walter! Wink

I had a huge Yashinon of this vintage, I think it was a 70-260, something like that, and it was actually pretty good. I sold it though, just too big and heavy to be practical, needed a tripod for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one very pretty lens, is this one of your Ebay for sale items Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
That is one very pretty lens, is this one of your Ebay for sale items Smile

Yest it will go after I get little experience with it, I not collect Minolta items.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will bring my out to use soon.

I have only regular normal focals 28, 35, 50, 58 and a few zooms, nothing fancy nor fast glasses in f1.2.
The minoltas bodies got less attention than the others Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped down no PP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with PP
http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-80-160mm-f3-5-t51094.html

Wide open NO PP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low contrast, to be expected I think.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Low contrast, to be expected I think.

Surely even from most primes too from this years.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
13 June, 1962

- Auto Zoom Rokkor 80-160/3,5 [15/10] (ø77mm) 2,5m f/22 84x206mm 1.350g

Minolta's first zoom lens, it was a behemoth! Their first three zoom designs would be two-touch with separate zoom and focus controls. It was sold with a matching close-up lens to help what was really a dismal close focus for that length. This zoom was dropped from the line-up just after the MC series was introduced.

[With the introduction of the SR-7 in July, 1962, and the addition of a meter shoe on the SR-1, Minolta stopped using the LV system to quickly calculate exposure by adding lens and shutter numbers together. This means lens aperture rings no longer have the yellow LV numbers in addition to f-stops (nor do shutter dials). The last lens introduced with these, the 80-160mm zoom, only exists in a few hundred examples with the yellow scale.]

Source:
http://thesybersite.com/minolta/historical/Minolta_Lens_Chronology.htm