Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Oreston 50mm f1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Meyer Oreston 50mm f1.8 Reply with quote

These were shot wide open on the Nex5n. Shutter speeds, ISO are different but not recorded. I'm still getting acquainted with this new camera. No PP, only resized.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not the best samples I've seen from this lens, even without PP.
I have this too, and remember it as quite good?!? Surprised

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

I think the focus is slightly of. And the last image looks kinda blurred due to motion.

Maybe try shooting in the daylight some time? I always find it really hard to tell if a lens is nice in tungsten light.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

I have two copies of this lens (and thinking of getting a few more) because I've liked some shots that I've seen from it (maybe yours?). But both of my copies had a filter stuck on them. This copy, I finally managed to unscrew the filter, but the grease on the helicoil was very stiff. I did manage to loosen it enough to focus with considerable effort. The glass looks to be pristine, so it just needs to be dismantled and re-lubed...which shouldn't be too difficult. I did take some shots with it outside and liked the overall color, etc., but I didn't take notes, and shot with dozens of lenses over a few days. I just remember thinking the colors seemed to correspond with my memories of what an Oreston looked like. I'm still getting the hang of this camera...not used to focusing on a LCD screen. I plan on getting the EVF, but it will have to wait awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favourite lenses, It's reasonably sharp, has interesting bokeh and produces amazing colours.
I'm going to do a shameless link dump now Smile

http://craftedbyben.com/archives/126

All of the shots were with the meyer, the only post processed images (from memory) are the skaters.

Cheers,

Ben

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post processed