Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Forum on phone
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you use forum from phone ?
Never
48%
 48%  [ 16 ]
Only on travel
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Few times per week
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Daily
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Forum on phone Reply with quote

I am planning to make a limited template to use on cell phones. It is worth to make it if we have many user who use it.

Please vote even if you not use it ever on phone!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an Android app that allows message boards to be read on phone friendly format. Some boards say they're compatible when loading on a phone. That may be easier than new coding. But it's $2 to buy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, take into account that modern phones have big resolution screens and for them maybe is not necessary to have an specific template, I mean for instance the Samsung Galaxy Note that has a screen resolution of 1280 x 800, or my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 3G tablet (same resolution and bigger screen) that I use also as a phone. Since I migrated to it, I use Opera mini with the full forum interface.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surfing the forum on my phone everyday, and I find it fully usable.
I only have some problems when copying text from other posts for quoting, otherwise it's ok.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my phone have opera & firefox
it even work for the oversized gallery, in full page it resize the pics, in zoom it reflow the text and I don't have to scroll horizontally
but I always take my laptop with me on holidays

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
There's an Android app that allows message boards to be read on phone friendly format. Some boards say they're compatible when loading on a phone. That may be easier than new coding. But it's $2 to buy.

Our forum is an old forum and highly customized, not works with these type of apps, I did already try it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So seems don't need to develop anything, I thought it would be nice a template where pictures not come automatically just on click to save time and data costs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use Galaxy 7.7 and the Galaxy sII. No need for forum adjustments IMO Very Happy