Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yard Sale Ikonta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Yard Sale Ikonta Reply with quote

Found this Ikonta at a yard sale last weekend for $20. Except for some paint wear it's in excellent condition with good bellows and the shutter is working well. The Tessar lens had quite a bit of internal haze but it cleaned up easily.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a great find !

Tessar and Compur-Rapid - thats the top of the line for these.

6x6 it looks like.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, that's a wonderful camera and an excellent price

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that pre-war?

Body and finder are same as Nettar?

Last edited by kansalliskala on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, very pleasant camera to use for an attractive price!
It looks very small for a 6x6, so on your hand?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Is that pre-war?

Body and finder are same as Nettar?

due paint loss and aluminium house I think lens is pre-war body is post-war made immediatelly after war from pre-war parts, like Ikonta-M after war plenty of aluminium was available from dead air-planes , before war aluminium was valuable and not used for camera bodies.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's 6x6. Condition is really very good. The chrome is pretty much perfect. But, the paint trim just falls off with a touch from a fingernail. Like the paint on some Retinas. It just doesn't stick to the metal. I was thinking of trying to refinish the painted parts but I have so many other projects ...