Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 2.8/85 Varisoft price ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Minolta 2.8/85 Varisoft price ? Reply with quote

I'm looking for one of these and have been offered one for £500, I realise it's a supply and demand thing but it does seem a little overpriced. These don't come up for sale very often so should I shut up and pay up or keep looking Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta 2.8/85 Varisoft price ? Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
I'm looking for one of these and have been offered one for £500, I realise it's a supply and demand thing but it does seem a little overpriced. These don't come up for sale very often so should I shut up and pay up or keep looking Rolling Eyes

The price on these are down, right now.
One on ebay starting bid of $500 USD didn't get a single bid. Last one on the Bay that sold was $376 USD.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to buy soft lens pretty silly to me even for less we have photoshop...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Yeah, go for the Minolta MD 85mm F2 instead. It's a fantastic lens, and very sharp.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the varisoft is adjustable from 0 thru 3, so you adjust from sharp to soft. Normally this lens sells for a higher price then the 85 1.7 or 85 f2.
It's relatively rare so I haven't had the chance to shoot with it, so I don't know how it compares on the sharp end against the other Minolta 85's.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

LOL, I really need this lens to complete my trio of rare Rokkors Very Happy I have the 35mm Shift CA and the 24mm VFC, to be fair this lens produces immediately what could take a long time in photoshop and is considered to be very sharp at zero setting.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
Attila wrote:

LOL, I really need this lens to complete my trio of rare Rokkors Very Happy I have the 35mm Shift CA and the 24mm VFC, to be fair this lens produces immediately what could take a long time in photoshop and is considered to be very sharp at zero setting.

Laughing

best reason if I see any I will inform you

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila, a pity but i'm going to give this one a miss as I feel its overpriced by around a £100 so I appreciate you looking also Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 85mm F2 is the sharpest.

See here:

http://www.rokkorfiles.com/85mm%20Page%201.htm

I picked up this lens as a bargain in Tokyo for only around $20..... perfect condition!!!!