Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bronica ETR lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Bronica ETR lenses Reply with quote

I am putting this thread in the film section since I don't think that anyone is using the Bronica stuff digital.

I just bought a 45-90mm Bronica zoom to accompany my ETRS - though it might take a couple of days until it arrives. I haven't seen one in real until now since Bronica stuff is quite rare here in Germany. Except for the standard 50mm/75mm/150mm lensesare not so common on e**y.
Is someone using the zoom and can give me his/her opinion on the lens. I want it to become my "small" travel kit but how does it compare to the 50mm or 75mm lens. I know it is slower but that is not much of an issue.

I had also the chance to get the 100-220mm tele zoom but according to the Tamron webpage it is nearly 2kg. I don't think this will suit my outdoor activities. Is it worth the load or am I better off with a prime. What would be the best bet for a prime tele lens - the 180mm, the 200mm or the 250mm.

Has anyone shoot with the 30mm lens for the Bronica. It seems that this lens is even more rare.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I bought my ETRs with 75mm lens and prism for one reason:- with the RB67 on a tripod with 180mm lens for home studio portraiture etc, I wanted a second camera to move around for different angles. Anyway I know from reading many reports in the past that the 150mm f3.5 is very good and that is the one I would get......hope this info is useful

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks for the reply. It seems that there are not many Bronica users here.

Excalibur wrote:
Well I bought my ETRs with 75mm lens and prism for one reason:- with the RB67 on a tripod with 180mm lens for home studio portraiture etc, I wanted a second camera to move around for different angles. Anyway I know from reading many reports in the past that the 150mm f3.5 is very good and that is the one I would get......hope this info is useful

From what I have seen the 150mm is the most common and cheapest of the Bronica tele lenses. So that is the easiest way.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IANUS wrote:
THanks for the reply. It seems that there are not many Bronica users here.

It's probably because:- like me they couldn't give direct answers to your questions Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would probably get no replies if using a Contax 645 Wink
...just to keep the talk of film going and encourage you to use your Bronica Wink :- I've just noticed this from elsewhere:- Never knew of a Contax 645 (I think it's a film camera Rolling Eyes ) and this guy uses it for weddings etc

http://josevillablog.com/about/

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
You would probably get no replies if using a Contax 645

I know about the existence of Contax 645, in an other world far from my financial reach Laughing
I have read about enthousiast Bronica users, have held one in my hands some years ago, but sorry, have admiration, no expertise.
My MedF knowledge is framed within Mamiya TLR use.
At least there may be users of the lenses on DSLR on the forum!?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to know that some top photographers still use film at times and they must be getting something that a digital camera can't offer even with all the programs and technology they could use to simulate film.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
You would probably get no replies if using a Contax 645 Wink

I wouldn't bet on that but when I get one I will try.
Wink

Those Contax 645 pop up every now and then in German forums for sale but you can have several Bronicas for the price. From what I have heard the Contax has Autofocus and there are also digital backs. I have never seen one in real.

Btw. the parcel with the 45-90mm zoom just arrived. I hadn't a chance to test it but it is heavier than expected - huge front element ,it 95mm filter size. I will prepare a picture of the set and a comparison to the standard lens.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="IANUS"]
Excalibur wrote:

Btw. the parcel with the 45-90mm zoom just arrived. I hadn't a chance to test it but it is heavier than expected - huge front element ,it 95mm filter size. I will prepare a picture of the set and a comparison to the standard lens.

Excellent Cool

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the lens with the attached Bronica. I must admit that the lens is a little bit bigger than expected. Filter size is 95mm. Zoom range looks quite good in the viewfinder and I will see how usable it will be in the field. I might need to use my monopod more often.

I attached a comparison with the standard 75mm as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a big'un Shocked

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here I thought the standard 150mm lens was huge!
I just put together an ETRSi outfit, and looking forward to trying it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: hallo bin bronica etrsi user aus münchen Reply with quote

vielleicht magst du in kontakt kommen. ich hab auch ein 45-90, 40,60,75,105,150 .
bg aus münchen der andy
as@andyschulz.net