Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Vision2 100T pushed to 200 in Fomadon LQR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Kodak Vision2 100T pushed to 200 in Fomadon LQR Reply with quote

Just a simple trial of this film stock exposed at 200 in my Pentax MV1 with 3.5/135 lens, 1:14 Fomadon LQR for 12mins at 23C.

No PP on these at all, I think tonality, contrast and grain are all wonderful, especially considering the poor light conditions.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dark, dark hopefully you will have better light soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm getting very annoyed with the lack of light lately here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give more exposure and your results will look better.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exposure is fine, it really was rather dark, I didn't increase brightness in PP, which I could have as this film has enough dynamic range to support it but I decided to post without PP.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:

+1 good advice even if light was poor worth to try overexpose frames.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#16 is the only shot I would have posted.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
F16SUNSHINE wrote:

+1 good advice even if light was poor worth to try overexpose frames.

I don't think there's any way to affect the exposure with a fully auto camera like the MV1 I was using, the only control is the ASA setting.

So would it be better to use a manual camera in poor light conditions?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes use the film speed dial. Try bracketing for a few rolls until you get to know each film and lighting condition.
A good rule of thumb to even contrast for bw film is: if you have low light bracket up (more exposure), if you have strong light bracket down(less exposure).
A manual camera is always best but, you can also change EV by twiddling the asa dial of Auto Cameras for each shot. A knob is a knob use the film speed knob like an exposure comp.

Bracketing should help you get more comfortable when lighting is less than ideal to find a few more well exposed shots.

Last edited by F16SUNSHINE on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
No PP on these at all, I think tonality, contrast and grain are all wonderful, especially considering the poor light conditions

I also find the results wonderful, also the lens is good, my favs #11#16#20

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips on bracketing. I chose to use the MV1 because it's automatic and I was trying to practice my street shooting skills so I only wanted to worry about focus and have everything else taken care of by the camera. I'll keep trying although I'm going to sell the MV1 and the two lenses I have for it. As good as they are, I have a Konica FP1 and a load of Hexanons that are just as good and I just don't have the space or money to keep everything. Sad

Cheers poilu, the lens is a good one imho, all the shots are wide open at f3.5, I would recommend this 3.5/135 lens, it's very well made, focus is extremely smooth and tactile, aperture ring is very smooth too with very well defined slicks at each stop, a real quality item and the IQ matches the quality of the build.

I just hope the weather improves so I can find some more interesting subjects to shoot, this series was all shot within 100m of my house and this is a small very quiet town where very little worth shooting is seen on the streets, I'm just practising so when I go elsewhere my street shooting skills are good enough to capture some more interesting street scenes.

This is the camera/lens I used, shame I can't keep it but can't keep everything: