Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Planar 50 1.7 C/Y AE Modification for Nikon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Planar 50 1.7 C/Y AE Modification for Nikon Reply with quote

I found this nice lens with 30€. After some research in web I decided to order bayonet for it from Leitax.
Lens works now perfectly in my Nikon D200 and focus to infinity.

I removed metal part from aperture ring. I removed plastic carefully from the center part, where it's melted around hole.

Marking place for two new holes.

Two new, not so round holes. Very Happy

Edit:Leitax bayonet which I ordered is designed for newer MM-lens and it works with it ok. But because my lens is Older AE-model, it required little modification.
Then I tested aperture ring and it felted little stif, so I carefully sand down bayonet and checked aperture rings "feel" few times. Removed about 0.15-0.2mm.

Decided to use simple method for aperture-mod. Shrink tube is only for noise dampening, because otherwise spring keeps little noise when rubbing against lens.

Glued with Bison Bisonite. It's strong and elastic, so it doesn't broke in little pieces.

http://www.leitax.com/Zeiss-Contax-lens-for-Nikon-cameras.html

Thank you for the_Suede from idea.

http://forum.mflenses.com/c-y-planar-50-disassembly-and-conversion-t12014.html[/img]

Last edited by Jani73 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile

I also edited first post to make clear that my lens was AE-model, that's why I had to sand it little bit. Bayonet is for newer MM-model.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To ruin a valuable lens with DIY conversion not a supported idea by me, better to stay with Nikon lenses on your camera they are excellent and if you want to play take a mirror less camera and don't need to ruin any lens any more.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't done any damage to the lens, it's completely reversible conversion.

I don't mind conversing these lenses, they are just human made with lathes and drills and they can also modified in lathes.