Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Who produced the Komuranon lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Who produced the Komuranon lenses? Reply with quote

Hi,
In their late years Komura (Sankyo Kohki) introduces SLR lenses labeled as Komuranon with an interchangeable mount (a weird one which is dependent on the max aperture). Did they actually produce these lenses themselves or did they contract an OEM?
BTW: I am looking for a Komuranon M42 mount with max aperture of 2.8 - if somebody happens to know where I can get one, I'd be very happy to hear about it.
Best regards,
Diddy

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Komuranon lenses were made by Komura. Komura was an established manufacturer with expertise and facilities to make zoom lenses as they had produced several type already under the Sankyo Kohki Komura name. They are pretty good lenses too.

From what I have seen the Komuranon lenses dont really resemble known types from other makers.
I could be wrong on this, it is just my impression.

Also, it would be expensive and presumably uneconomic for a lens maker to make a complete redesign of their product to include a very unusual interchangable mount system. Komura certainly didn't have the marketing power to induce another lens maker to do that.

As for a mount, good luck. This will be a scarce item, but if anybody can help you the members here are your best bet.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your reply! In general, information on Komura lenses is really scarce. I think it will be a long journey until I find the right lens mount - but that's what I expected it to be.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose you bought the Komuranon 28mm from ebay that was missing the mount?

I have only seen this lens 3-4x in the last year on ebay, and all the others were in FD mount.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did Smile At this price I took the risk of not finding the mount.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really doubt you'll find the mount, it's a pretty rare lens to see for sale. I suggest getting a short M42 extension tube and some glue. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky and found a Nikon mount for it. I'll share some pictures when I get a chance.