Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ihagee EXA Ia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Ihagee EXA Ia Reply with quote

Beautiful little SLR. Extremely well made, ergonomically very nice, looks like an odd shape but actually fits in the hands perfectly. Only has four shutter speeds - 1/20, 1/60, 1/125, 1/175. The shutter is unusual, I expected a cloth focal plane like the EXA 500 I have, but it has a strange shutter based on the mirror mechanism.

I've put my trusty Tessar 2.8/50 on it and loaded it with Fomapan 100, fingers crossed the weather is nice tomorrow and I can test this lovely camera.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it works:

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1235985.html#1235985

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Usually they are works I had a few all did work well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, seems like a simple camera mechanically but also very well built, it has a quality feeling to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute indeed.
And they seem like they should be quite durable, and easy to fix.
I have been trying to get one for a while.

Operationally it is limited -
No big fast lenses on these, opened up in daylight.
No action photography - kids, dogs, birds, sports, dancing - all right out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, pretty limited camera, hard to justify using it when I have so many better ones, but a cute little one to experience at least once.

I had the same experience with my Praktica FX2 - great fun to shoot once, but not one I have bothered to shoot a second time.