Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A couple of shots using the Zeiss 85mm F1.4 Planar on NEX-7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: A couple of shots using the Zeiss 85mm F1.4 Planar on NEX-7 Reply with quote

Shot these couple of photos using the Zeiss 85mm F1.4 Planar in Contax c/y mount, mounted on my NEX-7 via an adapter. I got this lens from an uncle of mine. Unfortunately the lens is heavily infected with fungus so some of the photos loses a fair bit of contrast. Just using it (fall short of him giving me the lens) since my uncle was no longer using his Contax RTS....

Anyway, these photos were shot during a wedding banquet of a friend of mine. The first photo was of a little boy who was so immersed in his attempts to catch the soapy bubbles that he was unaware I was trying to take photos of him playing.... The 2nd photo is of a traditional musical band. I was trying to capture the enthusiasm of a little boy playing the traditional musical instrument called the Sompoton. It is almost like the english bagpipe but these were made with small bamboo pipes & the shell of a gourd. The varying length of the bamboo pipes gave the instrument it's musical tones. The lens is a full manual lens, so the NEX's peaking function was really helpful in trying to nail the focus in both photos.

Reaching for the Bubble by Sham Kien Yee, on Flickr

Sompoton Player by Sham Kien Yee, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still pretty darn good. this imo is one of the 'best ever' slr lenses.
tony

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
still pretty darn good. this imo is one of the 'best ever' slr lenses.
tony

Thanks, Tony. I see you have plenty of lenses up for sell.... unfortunately I am no where near NY.... anyway, that's way out of topic. Thanks for dropping a couple of lines here on this post. cheers. Wink