Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A few of my Rangefinders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: A few of my Rangefinders Reply with quote

L-R
Minolta Hi-Matic 7s, Konica Auto S2,Yashica Electro 35 GS,Canon Canonet, Minolta Hi-Matic 9 & in front is a Canon Canonet QL17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a model of the Yashica Electro 35 while in Vietnam. I wish I would have kept it.

Your cadre of rangefinders is beautiful, and they all look to be in great condition. Thanks for showing them!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry
Send me a PM with your address and a electro will magically arrive. I have been rebuilding these for resale for a while now. I have a bunch of them right now. It would be great to send you one. You can trade me for a great tip on a Chantrelle picking spot. I'm certain I will get the better end of that deal. You seem well connected. Cool Wink

Andy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott
It is great to see another rangefinder junky (not that you are one although, your collection is a giveaway). I also have a soft spot for the fixxed lens lovelies. The Electro is my favorite 35mm camera. Maybe it is not the finest of the bunch but, deciding that requires splitting some really fine hairs. I have most of these models as well as a couple others. Thanks for posting this group. It makes me feel more normal.

Andy Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry,

An extremely interesting collection, all of them look very nice and well conserved!
I'm also engaged with the rangefindes. I started with the Konica C35s and the Voigtlander Vitorets because I had those when younger.
Andy was so kind of sending me a working Lynx and a supposedly faulty Electro, (that hopefully I could fix, it was only a matter of battery contacts and building a replacement battery adapter).
Since then I'm hooked to the Yashicas: Wonderful cameras with nice lenses that get sharp and saturated shots.
Now I stopped collecting and started to use them. Yesterday I went out with my daugther Marion to try the last Vitoret DR we've been able to fix, I was carrying the FED-2 to try the Industar-61 lens.
We have a long refurbishing/testing queue (with some Yashicas in) that hopefully will provide us with enough fun for the rest of the year.. Smile

(I'd never thanks enough Andy for opening my eyes regarding the Yashicas.)

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice collection, Scott!

Rangefinders are fun!

These are mine:

And these turn into rangefinders with the BLIK device in the flash-shoe. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
great tip on a Chantrelle picking spot.
Thats got to be the best non-monetary price I have ever seen Laughing

I am sure my mum had that minolta himatic F in about 1981? to focus you had two yellow squares you had to match is that right?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,
My personal favorite is the Konica Auto S2 followed closely by my Yashica...I like the VF better on the Konica plus the fact that I can shoot in manual mode as well. Both take great pics....I'd love to get my hands on a Yashica Lynx 14/14E but I keep getting outbid on eBay for the models that look to be in good shape

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the looks of this thread and Jesito's catch - rangefinders are something I might be missing out on.
The biggest drawback with this idea is the line my wife used on me when my Praktica arrived . . . How many cameras do you need? Rolling Eyes

Now excuse me as I open a can of worms Laughing . . .
I assume that these older rangefinders are not the same as the point and shoot cameras (that are the direct predessors of the cheap digitals) and if were quite cheap used cartridge film when it existed. Now I know that there were good ones in that era - I remember my mom's Zeiss Ikomatic 126 cartridge camera - it had a simple adjustment ring for portrait or landscape. Now I wish I remembered where it is.

So . . . as I've often commented about the amount of experience here, sell me on why I might think about a rangefinder(s) if the opportunity arises. In this same area I see some of the vintage cameras and wonder about the form and function equation.

Sorry if I rambled.