Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

River Duddon with Miranda 2.8/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: River Duddon with Miranda 2.8/28 Reply with quote

Hi folks

This is the River Duddon, Cumbria UK. Lens is the old 1960s Miranda EE 2.8/28 in Miranda bayonet mount, I made an adapter for NEX out of an old Soligor TC and some NEX extensions tubes. I like this lens, it's pretty sharp and has nice colours and contrast. Series is short because I slipped on the mossy rocks and fell.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful scenery, very well done!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. I visited this spot before with my Pentacon 3.5/30 and the results were not as good, this Miranda did much better.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely, can't wait to put my new Nex5N to the test

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Lovely, can't wait to put my new Nex5N to the test

patrickh

I'm sure you'll love it, I love my NEX-3, it transformed the quality of my work almost overnight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, Ian. Smile This is one of my favorite focal lengths on M4/3. I'm looking foward to getting one of these for my G1.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked one of these lenses up today - charity shop again Laughing in PK mount, it's also 'macro' . It's a very close relative of the Vivitar, if not from the same egg ? It's a nice looking lens, but my K10 is still away for repair. Mad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I especially like the detail in the last one.

I hope neither you or your equipment was damaged in the fall!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Miranda in PK mount is different, I think it's a Cosinon, not sure. This Miranda I have is an old one for the Miranda Sensorex, maybe made by Sun. It's a good lens, nothing special though.

Apart from a nasty dent in the filter ring and a bit of a bruised knee everything was fine, thanks for asking.

That's the third time my NEX has narrowly avoided having a swim in a river. Sad