Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon CE-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Chinon CE-5 Reply with quote

I picked one of these up today, fitted some batteries in it and away it went. And it does seem like a very nice camera.

Shamelessly stolen from Wikepedia -

Specifications

The camera had a Pentax K mount (addressed to in the specifications as the Chinon "universal mount") with which its lenses were mounted. 3 autofocus pins were present upon the top-left of the mount, which the autofocus lenses interfaced with. These autofocus lenses were rather heavy and depended upon their own large, lens-mounted motors.
The camera had two modes: aperture-priority and full manual. The shutter speeds ranged from 4 to 1/2000 seconds (steplessly) in aperture priority mode and 2 to 1/2000 seconds in manual mode, in addition to a "bulb" mode. The shutter was controlled electronically in both modes; and was a Seiko electromagnetic metal focal plane shutter. A multiple exposure switch was also incorporated into the camera, alongside a 5 or 10 second self-timer.
The CE-5 was shipped with a full ground glass screen along with a split image range finder and a microprism collar to aid focusing. Other screens were made available.
An "X sync" flash hotshoe was incorporated, with contacts especially for the Chinon range of dedicated flashes.
The camera had the dimensions 135.5mm width x 88mm height x 50.5mm depth and weighed approximately 490 grams without batteries and lens.

The shutter is smooth and fairly quiet, it came with a power winder so it feels good to handle, it's well built and fairly decent spec'.
Getting a mediocre Miranda 75-200 zoom, Chinon 50 1.7 and a Miranda 28 2.8 close focus ( Vivitar clone ) and all the handbooks is a bonus as well.
I'll fit some new light seals, then I can see me using this camera a lot with it's PK mount. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep looking at boot sales...I picked up, as new, a Pentax bayonet SMC 24-35mm zoom for £10 and am testing it out now on a Centon K100, and about 3 months ago bought a Pentax M 75-150mm, as new, for £4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Chino SLR Reply with quote

About 30 years ago, I bought a Chinom body 2nd hand from Jessips or a similar shop. At the time my main camera was an ME-Super that is till own with its 50/1.7 lens.

A couple of years ago I gave away the Chinon with a mint Vivitar 28/2.8, to a friend's daughter for school photography. Sadly I'm not sure it was ever used.

The Chinon was a fine solid camera. I don't recall the model but it was probably the same as yours. The delayed action timer was a small rotatable cylinder surrounding a blinking red plastic done.