Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Topcon Automatic R III ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Topcon Automatic R III ? Reply with quote

Any experience with it ? I found one with 58/1.8 . How accurate is the focussing ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Teo

If you don't want it, I would love to have it, I collect Topcon. The 1.8/58 lens is wonderful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!!!!

Shocked Shocked

Beautifull

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonyrokkor wrote:
wow!!!!

Shocked Shocked

Beautifull

Isn't she a beauty ? But I don't know about focussing aids in the viewfinder .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks really nice.
I was looking at it too but convinced myself .. no you don't need one more camera and 58mm lens Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Topcon Automatic R III ? Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Any experience with it ? I found one with 58/1.8 . How accurate is the focussing ?

I don't understand the question. How accurate is the focussing? It depends on how well the camera was calibrated and how sharp your eye is. That is a hard to find Topcon too. The old body style is usually found with the exakta like PAD lenses (button on an arm on the side of the lens). They made this type of camera starting in 1960, and I assume they discontinued it when the RE Super came out in 1963. It's probably a better user than the older types since the PAD lenses are extremely hard to find compared to the later lenses.

Check out Captain Jack's Topcon page: http://captjack.exaktaphile.com/praktina/Topcon%20Cameras.htm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Topcon Automatic R III ? Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
yinyangbt wrote:

I don't understand the question. How accurate is the focussing? It depends on how well the camera was calibrated and how sharp your eye is. That is a hard to find Topcon too. The old body style is usually found with the exakta like PAD lenses (button on an arm on the side of the lens). They made this type of camera starting in 1960, and I assume they discontinued it when the RE Super came out in 1963. It's probably a better user than the older types since the PAD lenses are extremely hard to find compared to the later lenses.

Check out Captain Jack's Topcon page: http://captjack.exaktaphile.com/praktina/Topcon%20Cameras.htm

That's what I imagined too .My eyesight isn't too good even with spectacles ,especially in dim light . A good rangefinder or some focusing help is what I need (split screen/microprisms/or at least a big loupe on a matte screen).And because I am not a collector of dead cameras , but I like cameras to use and enjoy the pictures produced , I won't go on with it .Even if it's adorable and I really like it . What I am sorry is that I don't have any Topcor lenses ,and this is a real good one . But another 50mm , even 58?

Thank you for helping me make a decision .
Ian, good luck with it ! You have PM !