Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony Alpha NEX-C3 vs Samsung NX system
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Sony Alpha NEX-C3 vs Samsung NX system Reply with quote

I am close to buying Sony Alpha NEX-C3. The only real alternative to me seems Samsung NX system.
Frankly i find Samsung at low ISO nicer then Sony, according to http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/samsung_nx200_review/sample_images

NX200
http://img.photographyblog.com/reviews/samsung_nx200/sample_images/samsung_nx200_06.jpg
NX11
http://img.photographyblog.com/reviews/samsung_nx11/sample_images/samsung_nx11_03.jpg

Sony seems a bit washed:

Sony Alpha NEX-C3
http://img.photographyblog.com/reviews/sony_nex_c3/photos/sony_nex_c3_03.jpg

Price is on Sony side (i can buy new body only for 250 EUR), adapters are cheaper too. I want to like photos out of the cam directly. ISO 100. I don't crave for low noise at high ISO and i don't want to shoot RAW. What is you opinion on best Jpeg output compared?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why no RAW?

I have an NX10, it's fantastic, but the JPEG output is nowhere near as good as the RAW output.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Why no RAW?

I have an NX10, it's fantastic, but the JPEG output is nowhere near as good as the RAW output.

I have two Nx100's and one NX10 and I am very happy with them all.

Last edited by greg on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both system if you will buy only one , buy sony, buy second hand body , cheap and good as new
and may you can by NX200 too, sony is more compatible than NX.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on your needs,
Attila is right, the register distance of the Sony NEX family is 18mm and the Samsung NX is 25.50mm.
NEX offers more versatility in terms of amount of lenses able to be mounted. Also the adapters are cheaper.
I own both: a NEX-5 and two NX, (NX5 and NX100), and I like more the RAW files from the Samsung.
Even wiith the 18-50 kit lens on the NX5 I get very sharp results and good colouring:

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great colors, Jesito. It really seems like perfume was opened in front of me.

I knew Atilla you're using both system and have much experience thus... Sony was kind of decided but i wanted to hear from you guys before final hit Sofort-Kaufen.

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Why no RAW? I have an NX10, it's fantastic, but the JPEG output is nowhere near as good as the RAW output.
I already expressed my heretical ideas and won't do that again Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take both , used ones are affordable really, I am with Jesito I like Samsung colors , sharpness better straight out from camera.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you use the camera for autofocus as well? If so, Samsung do a 30mm f/2 normal lens which is cheap whilst the only comparable Sony lens is the Sigma 30/2.8 which is a stop slower. If you're going fully manual, then it doesn't really matter!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Will you use the camera for autofocus as well? If so, Samsung do a 30mm f/2 normal lens which is cheap whilst the only comparable Sony lens is the Sigma 30/2.8 which is a stop slower. If you're going fully manual, then it doesn't really matter!!!

Fully manual, of course Smile. I've checked that lens reviews thought and if it would be F1.4 or even F1.8...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as a jaded old Pentax user the C3 has worked absolute wonders for me. I don't know the other system, but my whole life has been changed by NEX.
Take with a grain of salt, but that's my view.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Zen wrote:
Well, as a jaded old Pentax user the C3 has worked absolute wonders for me. I don't know the other system, but my whole life has been changed by NEX.
Take with a grain of salt, but that's my view.

Thank's Jeff, i loved Pentax, i hope i will Nex C3 too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. This was my choice: Click here to see on Ebay.de

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, congratulations!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy ASAP these two.

Click here to see on Ebay

Click here to see on Ebay

Apply protector glass first, sony LCD protector is pretty crap, magnifier help a lot if you need precise focusing.