Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon EBC 19mm f3.5 M42 mount £0.99 starting price
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Fujinon EBC 19mm f3.5 M42 mount £0.99 starting price Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm ignoring it's rare.....is it any good compared to similar WA lenses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it is the best M42 very wide angle lens I had. I think it was sharp (I tested it on a Canon 5D mark 1) and the multicoating worked quite fine (it's not the best compared to today's coatings, but for that time it certainly was). With M42 wide angle lenses, in general, it is important that you find one that has a very good coating and that is sharp. I think the Fujinon 19mm meets both requirements. Of course, if you are not restricted to M42 mount, then you have a lot more options, but in my case, I only could use an M42 mount adapter on my camera (a Sigma SD camera). I had various other wide angle lenses and wasn't quite happy with them. Some were sharp, but colors looked bale/washed out, flare was quite an issue with a lot of them and then you have other ones that are not very sharp in the corners.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will fight for it Smile to test by myself, thank you to let it to go.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was no easy decision to let this lens go, believe me. It took me a long time to find it, and it was by far the most expensive m42 lens I ever bought. I am on the way of selling most of my manual focus lenses and have only a few auto focus lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diddy wrote:
It was no easy decision to let this lens go, believe me. It took me a long time to find it,

I've put it on watch but against users of lenses are these damn collectors and it will probably go higher than I'm willing to pay.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diddy wrote:
It was no easy decision to let this lens go, believe me. It took me a long time to find it, and it was by far the most expensive m42 lens I ever bought. I am on the way of selling most of my manual focus lenses and have only a few auto focus lenses.

Eye sight issue ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reasons are the following:
1) Specially in regards to wide angle lenses: My new (second hand) camera, the Sigma SD1 Merrill, expects tele centric lenses due to the stacked Foveon sensor. (This doesn't happen with normal Bayer sensors. I had a Canon 5D mark 1 at some point and all was fine there). So with most wide angle lenses I will get green corners. This wasn't a problem with the Sigma SD14 which I had before as the sensor was smaller (although some other users did report a similar problem). I could do some post processing on the pictures to get rid of the green corners, but I don't really like doing this. The quality of this sensor has quite convinced me that I have to get digital lenses - all current Sigma lenses are tele centric (as far as I've been told).
2) I had quite a lot of lenses that I didn't use all too often. So I should really only keep what I use, so my aim is to slim down everything. I will still keep a few more lenses than necessary because I want to understand what I will need on a full frame camera (if Sigma releases one one day). Then my aim is to slim down further to about 5 to 6 lenses. Let's see if I manage to do this Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this is great news, no health problem, I doubt you can resist to buy new ones Laughing