Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FED-3a and Industar-26M 5cm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: FED-3a and Industar-26M 5cm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Click here to read my recent blog entry.

FED cameras are well-known made-in-USSR Leica derivatives. There are five common models (FED-1 to 5) and each model has a plethora of variations. The camera that I present here is an early FED-3.

There are two main variations known of the FED-3, viz. the first version with advance knob (FED-3a) and a second version with advance lever (FED-3b). This camera is of the earlier type. Another subcategorization is made based on the engraving in front: single language cyrrilic script (ФЭД-3) or dual language engraving (ФЭД/FED-3). The early versions, like this camera, only have single language cyrrilic script.

You can read more details regarding the differences between all the version on the website of SovietCams. According to their categorization system, this camera is one of the ~40.000 PE0615 cameras released by Kharkov (cf. serial number 2057983).

Recent arrival... Smile From tomorrow on, it's going to join the NEX-5 as take-with-me camera. Not sure yet whether I'll throw in a color or a B/W film.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Fed, prettier than my 3b I think. But the lens, that's WOW inducing. Looks so much cooler than the I-61 I have, with the heavy knurling and all that silvery stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh looks lovely, I keep thinking of buying a broken Nex and shoe horning the electronics in to one of these lovely rangefinders.
Incidently i have just purchased a Industar 26m Red P, from Russia and wondered what it was like on the Nex any chance of some shots with it?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: FED-3a and Industar-26M 5cm f/2.8 Reply with quote

A very nice fed indeed. I have the same one and it`s superb. Just one thing, be very careful with the slow shutter speed`s or else you`ll jam the curtains. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Ahh looks lovely, I keep thinking of buying a broken Nex and shoe horning the electronics in to one of these lovely rangefinders.
Incidently i have just purchased a Industar 26m Red P, from Russia and wondered what it was like on the Nex any chance of some shots with it?

I have a small collection of Industar-26Ms... Smile
However, I must admit that it is the only Russian lens (in general) that never delivers good results. They are passable though, but not really good. I have one real lemon Russian lens, which also is an Industar-26M.
I'll post a FLT of an Industar-26M/NEX-5 during next week.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: FED-3a and Industar-26M 5cm f/2.8 Reply with quote

I have a FED2 that came with a 26M. It's not bad, but I quickly swapped to a Jupiter 8 which was better, I now have the I61 which is my default 50 with the J8 2nd and I50 & I22 setting wit the I26M in the rarely-used box.

Drack wrote:
A very nice fed indeed. I have the same one and it`s superb. Just one thing, be very careful with the slow shutter speed`s or else you`ll jam the curtains. Smile
How?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: FED-3a and Industar-26M 5cm f/2.8 Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I have a FED2 that came with a 26M. It's not bad, but I quickly swapped to a Jupiter 8 which was better, I now have the I61 which is my default 50 with the J8 2nd and I50 & I22 setting wit the I26M in the rarely-used box.

Drack wrote:
How?

Easy. First you should always change the shutter speeds after you wind the film. Also never be quick winding the film, when a slow shutter speed is set.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: FED-3a and Industar-26M 5cm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

Drack wrote:
How?

Easy. First you should always change the shutter speeds after you wind the film. Also never be quick winding the film, when a slow shutter speed is set.
I don't think this is correct. I have never done this and never jammed any shutters. Internet myth I suspect.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: FED-3a and Industar-26M 5cm f/2.8 Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Drack wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

Drack wrote:
How?

I don't think this is correct. I have never done this and never jammed any shutters. Internet myth I suspect.

Not really. I`m telling you this from my personal experience Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far it has been a good camera. The only trouble is selecting the slow speeds though. They are all located extremely close to eachother and I never can tell at what speed I'm shooting Smile