Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Leica M7 0.72 for 530$?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: New Leica M7 0.72 for 530$? Reply with quote

I can get a new unused Leica M7 0.72 for 530$ (+maybe 19% toll duty) so about 410-510€ effectivly depends on toll and actual currency exchange rate.
Sounds cheap for a modern Leica. Is that a good price? Or is it to good to be true?

How good is the Leica M7 - is there something to know about her? What's the difference between the 0.85 version? Is it only the size of the viewfinder?

Regards

Last edited by ForenSeil on Tue May 15, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i cant directly help, but i can recommend joining the

rangefinderforum.com

to get more info. theyre a great bunch, loads of info to help you out. are you moving into rf's, or have they always been part of your arsenal? i just moved from slr to rf this past year and am thrilled at the results, the compactness of gear, and the quality and variety of the lenses.
tony

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a fake camera etc.
I checked the other offers of the seller. He has also a Leica M9 with Summicron 35/1.4 for less than 600$ Shocked Shocked Shocked
http://www.aliexpress.com/supplier-fm/wholesale-products/214154285-productlist.html

EDIT: I asked the seller:
Quote:
Soren(2012-5-15 18:38:10)
Hello.
Are these prices real or is there a catch I didn't see?
Regards
xiangyang lv(2012-05-15 09:38:35)
??
Soren(2012-5-15 18:48:36)
The prices for an Leica M9 in your shop are more than 10 times lower than here in Germany. That sounds a little too good to be true. Did I miss something or is there an error? Is the camera a fake etc.?
xiangyang lv(2012-05-15 09:48:53)
copy thing
Soren(2012-5-15 18:55:21)
Sorry what does it mean "copy thing"? Are the cameras not original?
xiangyang lv(2012-05-15 09:55:34)
no orginal

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it's a scam, he has S2 for 543USD and M9 for 570USD.

Be interesting to see if you got anything for the money, you most certainly would get a Leica.

Why do you want a Leica when you have a Contax G1? Makes no sense.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wan't to swap my G1 system towards a Leica M system because I prefer manual fokus and I wan't to buy a Leica M8.2 or M9 in the future

I asked the seller if the M7 fake is working. He said that it's good and fully working with original M lenses.
Maybe it's an 1:1 clone Very Happy that would cool

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

570USD is a lot to gamble to find out.

No way is it a 1:1 clone, where would they get the sensor?

More likely it is a plastic body that looks like an M9 with some cheap electronics in it, surely won't have a FF sensor, probably not even a M4/3 or APS-C one.

Working with M lenses probably just means it can mount them.

The Chinese make knockoffs of many things, the iphone was a classic example but the copies were nothing like the original in functionality or electronics, just looked like an iphone externally.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
570USD is a lot to gamble to find out.

No way is it a 1:1 clone, where would they get the sensor?

More likely it is a plastic body that looks like an M9 with some cheap electronics in it, surely won't have a FF sensor, probably not even a M4/3 or APS-C one.

Working with M lenses probably just means it can mount them.

The Chinese make knockoffs of many things, the iphone was a classic example but the copies were nothing like the original in functionality or electronics, just looked like an iphone externally.

Yes 570$ is a really lot money for gambling.
I only asked about the M7 (analog) not the M9 - so there should be no sensor issue Wink
Maybe the M9 copy is also analog.
He said it's an fully working 1:1 copy. I didn't asked for RF-coupling but for such a lot money I think that should be appropriate.
Anyway I won't buy it. Too much risk for me Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone must have tried one of these copies, try to find a review.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price itself tells the truth. It cant be a real M7.

But you can hardly call it scam since the seller didn't deny it. "copy thing" "no original" means this cam is just a replica, not authentic. Probably somehow bad English.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scam, he will send nothing ... I saw it too.