Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

grip for 7d
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: grip for 7d Reply with quote

I want to buy a grip for my 7D, but i do not want to pay the high price of a Canon one !
So I am looking for the ones on eBay, they cost less than 30euros.

But are there some that are no good ? (bad quality)

Do you have some advices ?

thank you

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am referring to a battery grip I purchased, as for just a non-powered grip, I have no information.

I bought one of those e*ay specials. The AA batteries tray rattled around due to poor fit, as did the actual camera battery tray. The trays moved enough to cause power interruption to the camera. I would get an error message as a result. This caused the camera to really screw up the memory cards when the power was interrupted (I am assuming) during a card write. Since when you turn the camera off while the camera is still writing to the card (LED flashing) the camera finishes the write before actually turning off. If the battery power is interrupted, this is not the case, it is immediate shut down.

Re-formatting and the loss of everything on the card was the only way to get the card back to working. I then purchased a real Canon battery grip and have had no problems at all for three years. This was all during the olden e*ay days of low price and high shipping which made returning it not worth the bother as they claimed over $25 Shipping which is, of course, not refundable.

All in all, this is one accessory I would certainly not scrimp on.