Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux 3.5/70-210mm Leica-R mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Angenieux 3.5/70-210mm Leica-R mount Reply with quote

Hi,

got this lens back from the repair shop due to lot of problems with this lens. Today a first test shot with NEX-7 and Kipon L/R to NEX adapter in the garden.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here few other samples with the combo. DOF of this lens is extem short so it is not easy even with focus peaking to nail the focus.

NEX-7 and Angenieux 3.5/70-210mm

Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Rolf, your repairman did a good job Very Happy .....
Great samples on nex but I'm pretty sure you wil get better results on FF....It realy shine on my D700, that's without hesitation my best lens and can outperform some of the best prime lenses......

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Congrats Rolf, your repairman did a good job Very Happy .....
Great samples on nex but I'm pretty sure you wil get better results on FF....It realy shine on my D700, that's without hesitation my best lens and can outperform some of the best prime lenses......

Thank you Pascal.

I'm unsure whether I should invest another 100 € for this lens. I need a special Leitax bayonet for this lens because the 2 cams are different as at a normal Leica lenses. So the inner diameter of the bayonet must be wider than normal. After that investment the glass is still defect and the lens unsalable.

Furthermore as written before the DOF is very very small. You can see this with the peaking function using a NEX. I have problems to see the contrast edges there. Maybe it is a general "problem" with such zoom lenses and I will try the next day another zoom lens in that range (OM, FD or something else) whether there will be the same effect.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty nice result, but in case of you I just sell it and use primes Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:

I'm unsure whether I should invest another 100 € for this lens. I need a special Leitax bayonet for this lens because the 2 cams are different as at a normal Leica lenses. So the inner diameter of the bayonet must be wider than normal. After that investment the glass is still defect and the lens unsalable.

Furthermore as written before the DOF is very very small. You can see this with the peaking function using a NEX. I have problems to see the contrast edges there. Maybe it is a general "problem" with such zoom lenses and I will try the next day another zoom lens in that range (OM, FD or something else) whether there will be the same effect.

Wink

Rolf, I'm not sure to understand why is the DOF very small with your lens Confused .....This lens is normaly unbelievable contratly even wide open so I'm afraid your exemplar has still a big problem Embarassed .....