Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Recommendations for a M/42 Adapter for Canon 1DS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Recommendations for a M/42 Adapter for Canon 1DS Reply with quote

Hi All,
Can anyone with a Canon 1D or specifically a 1DS recommend me a good reliable M/42 adapter with focus confirm chip that works 100% please.

When i had a Canon 350D, i bought from a no-name seller on E-Bay a Fairly cheap, but usable M/42 Focus confirm adapter. It worked fine with the 350D, but when i sold the camera and moved to the 1DS, the same adapter would not work.
Other Forums and user's have mentioned something to do with it not activating the small micro switch in the 1D / 1DS mount, at about the 10 oclock position on the camera?

Any help gratefully received, as i need to start using my M/42 collection of lenses.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy EMF chip, so you can micro adjust the confirmation. You also get some basic exif data with this programmable chip.
You need to activate that switch on 1d. Use piece of paper of what ever so that the switch stays up.