Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Munchen 55/1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Steinheil Munchen 55/1.9 Reply with quote

Here are some initial samples with the great lens. I've not had much chance to shoot with it but I'm quite happy with the initial results. C&C most welcome!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleasing colors and Oof. You could probably take good portraits with this lens as well Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Pleasing colors and Oof. You could probably take good portraits with this lens as well Very Happy

Thanks! Yes, i hope to take some soon. But all my models are now tired of posing for me so I have to make do with flowers and other objects who can't run away!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are nice pictures.
However, this lens is really expensive now almost close to Summicron. Is it more rarity or any special?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
those are nice pictures.
However, this lens is really expensive now almost close to Summicron. Is it more rarity or any special?

I'd have to agree, lovely examples but is the price to performance that great compared to other fifties? But then again if I had the opportunity to own one I probably would Confused

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I know that the price on the usual channels like ebay have gone up considerably. But if you are lucky to get it for a reasonable price through other channels than it is a lens worth having. I got mine (which is a M42 version) for a reasonable price attached to a Wirgin Edixa, although it has some fungus on rear lens element (I guess not affecting the final image considerably) it is still very impressive.