Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Very first attempt - Hexanon serie
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Very first attempt - Hexanon serie Reply with quote

Hello all,
After having received my soooooo long awaited lens adapter this morning, i took on the fly some pictures in late afternoon just for tests purpose. My very first serie. that's also the first time that i test my E-P2 camera. I will have a bunch of question for our pen experts ! because i'm not sure of my general parameters.
No PP on pictures except some modification on light intensity, resizing and frame.

Hexanon 28mm /3.5

Hexanon macro 55m /3.5

Hexanon 50mm /1.4

Hexanon 50mm /1.4

Hexanon 50mm /1.4

Hexanon 50mm /1.4

Hexanon 28mm /3.5

Hexanon 50mm /1.4

Hexanon 50mm /1.4

Sky a bit cloudy and light not so good. I have to test the rest of my lenses. And hurrah i bought 2 days ago for around 250$ three new lenses including the 21mm F4 (yes , oh my !), 135 F2.5 and a 65-135 zoom. not received yet.
I'm a total amateur and eager to learn a lot.

PS: I'm sorry i did a mistake by uploading the original picture size and not the set i prepared rsized to 1024... Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excuse me, youre gonna ask US questions? these pictures are EXCELLENT! you neednt ask questions of us, we need to ask questions of you!
tony

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look pretty good; nothing to really ask questions about, I agree. It seems you know how to work with this lens pretty well. On the last image, if you get a chance to revisit the subject, it might be a good study in monochrome.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I have just ventured into the Hexanon world (thanks Attila, Ian and others), but on a Nex. I am finding the hexanons need great care in exposure, because they can be too contrasty too easily. Have you found this?

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine to see here another friend of old Konica lenses. The fan community is increasing with different type of cams.
Nice images and I would like to see your first shots with the 21 mm lens.

Welcome to the forum.

Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your remarks Wink

@rbelyell no believe me i have a lot to learn !

@David , yes good suggestion. It's a commemorative statue of the 1st world war. And the guy is commonly called a "poilu" ."eye blink" to poilu Smile

@patrickh i just started some tests. I have to write down the exposure and parameters for each shot so that i can compare and find the best configuration.

@Rolf I will surely post shots with the 21mm once i get it.

More to come. Today is a sunny day and i continue my exploration.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photo set, by the way what's a sunny day Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An other little serie. I run out of battery after around 150 shots (since yesterday) Shocked
I still got a problem with focus, it's not so easy to do specialy with moving subjects , i deleted a lot of flower shots. I have also to add a baffle to my lenses rear. (is "baffle" the right term ? ) small piece of dark paper , round cutted, to limit the light on the captor.

Hexanon 135mm f3.2 @3.2 . not enough focus on the insect.
[/url]

Hexanon 135mm f3.2 @3.2 , water play

Hexanon 135mm f3.2 @3.2 water play, interesting effects i think.

Hexanon 135mm f3.2 @3.2 (not sure)

Hexanon macro 55mm f3.5 @3.5 , blur

Hexanon 135mm f3.2 @3.2 , Simple and classic bokeh test.

Hexanon 135mm f3.2 @3.2

Hexanon 135mm f3.2 @3.2 , green cherries , good in one month Smile

Hexanon 135mm f3.2 @3.2

Hexanon 50mm f1.4 @4 , not a very easy lens..

Hexanon 28mm f3.5 @3.5 . Will soon have a 24mm 2.8 (bought one today).

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, my fav is the bridge #8, I like the atmosphere with the 50:1.4
oh, you publish my statue and now everyone can see my face Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PP is essential and with not so good light especially. Try it next time it will help a lot.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the last shot of the first series the best. Light PP almost always improves an image. Just don't do too much!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, I especially like the clouds with the 28mm. I also like the water effects with the 135

I think the statue would be better if you stopped down a bit, it is a bit flat for my taste and I think stopping down would improve the depth.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series.
Konica made good lenses. I have a few, but wont say no to get some more...
Just love the rendings...

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your remarks. regarding PP i effectively do some light modification , thats for the most what i do.
Do not lough but i just discovered today the AEL/AFL function Smile in MF mode.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And some last one made yesterday around my small village:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Hexaddict! great lenses!