Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fair Price for Pentax Auto 110 set
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Fair Price for Pentax Auto 110 set Reply with quote

Hi fellas

I've seen this announcement on local shopping site.It's contain one Pentax Auto 110 body with winder,18mm f2.8,20-40mm(maybe rare) f2.8,24mm f2.8,50mm f2.8,some filters and flash.The seller wants to 416$ for this set.Is it bargain ?

The link contains the pictures

http://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/alisveris-fotograf-kamera-filmli-makineler-pentax-auto-110-fotograf-mak-seti-85606234/detay

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, that's priced way too high IMO. Complete sets (minus the 20-40) sell in the UK for £25.00 - £50.00 and the zoom can be had for £50.00. Top end then, in USD is about $150.00.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Nope, that's priced way too high IMO.

Agreed!

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Complete sets (minus the 20-40) sell in the UK for £25.00 - £50.00

Wow! That's cheap. In Germany you need to pay about €20,- to €30,- per lens.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your set does not include 70mm which could reach 100 EUR alone?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch!! Surprised This is very, very expensive in my opinion.

These 110 lenses are becoming "a thing to have" at the moment. On eBay in the UK, they are now going for amounts that I personally consider completely unjustified in terms of the optical quality on offer. I have the 18, 24 and 50mm and consider them cute but little better than toys. They all suffer from absolutely terrible edge performance until well stopped down (and this is on m4/3 which has almost exactly the same frame size as the 110 film so they should be a perfect match). Hopefully, once people realise they are basically not very good, then prices will drop again. Buy them then for "a bit of fun", but don't be tempted to pay more than peanuts for them.

I wouldn't buy them again at the prices they go for now. In fact, had I known how mediocre they are, I wouldn't pay the prices for them that I did. Laughing One lives and learns. Having said that, I would like to try the 70mm..........(and I did enjoy making my own adapter).

Mark