Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mirror lens assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Mirror lens assistance Reply with quote

I came across this site and wonder if I could ask some questions. I have never used a mirror lens and I want to take some wildlife phots,but can't afford the high dollar for a "regular" lens. I have a pentax K5, and was wondering what mirror lens to buy for a couple of hundred dollars. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may get more of a response if moved to the MF lenses forum. I have one mirror lens, a Samyang 500mm fixed f8. It's okay and they run about $120. Images could be sharper and it focuses WAY past infinity. There are penty of other suggestions out there in the 300-500 range. Mirror lenses will never give you results that compare to the tubes. My suggestions, if you don't need this ASAP, would be to hit garage and estate sales every weekend or two for the summer and, in all probability, one will turn up for a good price. I got a 400mm Vivitar 1:5.6 for $27 at an estate sale. Superb lens.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll move this thread to the Manual Focus lens section where you should get some response.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search here for Leica MR-Telyt-R 8/500. There are many samples with this lens at this forum available which is one of the best mirror lens. I believe one is just selling at the marketplace.

Wink