Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

QBM adapter for Nex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: QBM adapter for Nex Reply with quote

Hi,

since this is my first post here (or at least I think so Wink), a warm hello to everybody.

And now ad rem: I have (or will have) a bunch of QBM lenses of decent quality and wanted to use them with my Nex 5N. So I bought a Kipon QBM-Nex adapter, it arrived today and... I'm really disappointed Sad
First of all, it doesn't focus at infinity. To be honest, it isn't even close - with a 55 mm f/1.4 Voigtlander it can focus on subjects located in 20, maybe 25 meters distance. With Rolleinar 80-200 mm zoom it's a little bit better, perhaps 35-40 meters.
Secondly, the adapter doesn't puch the auto aperture pin on the back of the lens, so I can only shoot wide open. I know, I can glue the pin pushed inside, but so far I don't want to do this, as I may want to use the lenses with some Rollei/Voigtlander QBM body later.

So my question is, do you happen to know any QBM - Nex adapter that's free of the above issues? I'd be grateful for a link with any tested one...

TIA
Michal

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a QBM adaptor off ebay seller "queam" item number 110798163875. Focus with my Rollei 50mm planar is slightly past infinity (which is my experience with all of my cheap chinese adaptors) and it has a built in tab to push in the aperture pin. Build quality is fine, Im happy with it.
Ive used this seller a couple of times now, and have mixed experiences, my first order was for a MD and M42 adaptor which I received in an impressive 7 working days, but the rollei adaptor took more than a month to arrive, in his defence, he had posted it promptly, it just came on the slow boat!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnboy wrote:
I recently got a QBM adaptor off ebay seller "queam" item number 110798163875. Focus with my Rollei 50mm planar is slightly past infinity (which is my experience with all of my cheap chinese adaptors) and it has a built in tab to push in the aperture pin. Build quality is fine, Im happy with it.

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I needed. Focusing slightly past infinity is not a problem, as different lenses focus a bit differently with the adapters.
johnboy wrote:
Ive used this seller a couple of times now, and have mixed experiences, my first order was for a MD and M42 adaptor which I received in an impressive 7 working days, but the rollei adaptor took more than a month to arrive, in his defence, he had posted it promptly, it just came on the slow boat!

I've also already used this seller - the Konica AR adapter arrived in about a month's time. But that's not a problem, I've got plenty other lenses to use Wink

Thanks again!