Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax/Kiev bayonet NEX Adapter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Contax/Kiev bayonet NEX Adapter? Reply with quote

I have a jupiter-3 on the way and need an adapter for my nex5n. Can anyone recommend a specific adapter for the Contax/Kiev bayonet mount?

I was thinking about this one but not sure if it's the correct adapter.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Contax-RF-lens-2-Sony-NEX-3-NEX-5-NEX-C3-NEX-5N-NEX-7-NEX-VG10-adapter-/320820097197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab25e30ad#ht_3091wt_1165

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No! That Nikon S adapter will not work. I believe that Attila (MFL moderator) has the adapter for sale. I will look for link but you can send him a private message too.
here is the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kiev-Contax-RF-lens-inner-mount-adapter-Sony-NEX-other-bodies-Sonnar-/360444580607?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ec2bd2ff&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:GB:101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. Do you know if there is a less expensive option? the adapter is more than the lens :/

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonac wrote:
Thanks for the link. Do you know if there is a less expensive option? the adapter is more than the lens :/

I know it may be to late, but perhaps someone else will be interested.
There is a way to use the adapter you mentioned in the firs posting - but there's a bit of DYI to do...
I managed to make such a DIY Kiev - Nex adapter. It doesn't look much, but works fine:

and a picture taken with Helios-103:

I used a cheap Kiev-Nex adapter and a broken Kiev camera. I unscrewed the top plate from the adapter and installed a dismatled Kiev mount instead. As I wrote above - it works, not perfectly (allows focusing past infinity and there is no stop to prevent the lens form falling out of the adapter), but good enough for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michelek!