Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica C35 loaded with Neopan 400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Konica C35 loaded with Neopan 400 Reply with quote

A month ago we visited MOMA for the Cindy Sherman and Eugene Atget shows. No photos allowed inside the Sherman, but yes at Atget. On purpose I took a Konica C35 loaded with Neopan 400 - this to recreate the compact rf experience of the 60s and 70s... the C35 is not a low light camera so many of the shots in the galleries strained its ability, but then again, the look was what I was after.

L at Cindy Sherman by Nesster, on Flickr

Museum move #5a: the lean n point by Nesster, on Flickr

Museum of Modern Art by Nesster, on Flickr
@ Atget's dresses by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series - I love the grain! Also, the white Pentax K-x (or is it K-r?) Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you defintely achieved your desired effect. the food cart is classic, and very well done.
tony

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, great look!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic!
Photo at the expo and the visitors, seen from the back is marvelous! Great concept and composition!

Last edited by izvar on Wed May 09, 2012 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - that's daughter with her white K-x; she's the Cindy fan.

I found these much darker at work, but with a little adjustment of gamma etc I get the same look as at home. The pointer guy should have just visible detail picked out by light on his face, and his collar line should be just visible... Or that's my story and I'm sticking to it Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these results, too, what dev did you use?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill - do you want your camera back? Laughing

HC-110 in the E dilution to get my favorite 10 minute dev time... I think the Neopan is slightly expired as well.

enter Cindy Sherman by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thanks, I have a CLA'd copy like yours, now. As I remember the boys
that did your CLA in California converted the meter to use SR44 batts. Nice
to see the camera in such good hands! Smile

How do you find/like HC-110?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, I'm not a developer-head (hypo-head?) and in normal circumstance, my criteria: easy to use, cheap, long lasting, universal in that there are instructions for any film I'm likely to shoot, and um... not easy to do dumb things with. HC-110 as well as D-76 fit that bill.

When I eventually get around to trying the Perceptol I bought, I might have some hypo-head moments. But I doubt it, unless Perceptol brings honeyed tones of beauty and accrues gold plating on my reels...

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious as to what film you plan on mating with the Perceptol, looking forward to seeing those.

About HC-110, good idea to split it up into four 120ml bottles, filling each (except the last which will be first used)
to the tippy-top, use some saran wrap/handiwrap over the opening, then after screwing down the lid I use electrician's
tape around it and the bottle. But don't store it like dumkin Bill did, in a cupboard that is on a sunny external wall where the
internal temps in summer probably get to 100F. Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

izvar wrote:
Fantastic!
Photo at the expo and the visitors, seen from the back is marvelous! Great concept and composition!
+1

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!