Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 55mm f1.2, nex5n, iso6400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 55mm f1.2, nex5n, iso6400 Reply with quote

At f1.2, using sony nex 5n:
Iso 6400, 1/4000s

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this lens ..

One question:

Why ISO 6400(?!) .,.. but NEX is a really good camera -

high ISO is a very good test in this case

tf

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 over exposed as well, why ?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first time ever to try iso 6400 on the nex5n.
and my second photo from iso6400.

The first photo is taken by the pentax K5 at iso 6400. Usable in emergency cases.
Nex5n has the same high iso capability as the K5, but good to test out the limits.
I was intend to create film-like effect with grainy, but so far it is not as i want it to be without added noise in PP.

Overexposure? 1/4000s is the fastest I can go with the nex5n.
I also tried to capture this image with 1/2000, to wash out the background even more.
With heavy push of black level, the subject remains and background almost white,
with slightly colored bokeh as signature of a f1.2 lens.

Original files flare a lot. As long as the flare spots do not hit the subject, it's ok for me.

It's not often I play with PP or push the electronics to the limits, but this is a fun creative workout.
If I had a colored gel and a flash with me that day, I would tweak the WB to put the scene in twilightzone too...
Please feel free to leave any comment.