Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Filters won at auction
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Filters won at auction Reply with quote

I won some filters last week on ebay despite my not knowing what they were. I think I was interested because they looked pretty Embarassed and were 49mm thread size (I have several lenses they would fit).
Now, I'll add photos here in the hope someone can identify them, all I know is the black one is a close-up (No.1) from Asahi Pentax.

The middle filter is thicker than the rest and has no identifying marks at all, while the other 3 silver-coloured filters all have the name Ceneiplan.

They are all like new condition and I used the close-up filter to take the middle image above.
The orange/red one makes me think of B&W filters, am I on the right track? Can anyone here educate me ? Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3 & R12 FILTER

Decamired Filters
Takes the guesswork out of determining colour temperature. Acts as a conversion filter for coluor temperature adjustments from any point to any other point in the colour temperature scale. Can be used to create 'proper' colouration in unusual situations, and to make creative alterations. Applications include keeping colour temperature constant during the course of the day and producing the effect of different times of day. Available in two series, reddish filters that warm the light and bluish filters that cool the light. Each series contains 4 densities: 1-1/2, 3, 6, and 12. Filters in the same series can be combined.

The dark one is probably a polarizer or a neutral density, and the light yellow probably a 'warm up' filter such as a '81A' ?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
R3 & R12 FILTER

Decamired Filters
Takes the guesswork out of determining colour temperature. Acts as a conversion filter for coluor temperature adjustments from any point to any other point in the colour temperature scale. Can be used to create 'proper' colouration in unusual situations, and to make creative alterations. Applications include keeping colour temperature constant during the course of the day and producing the effect of different times of day. Available in two series, reddish filters that warm the light and bluish filters that cool the light. Each series contains 4 densities: 1-1/2, 3, 6, and 12. Filters in the same series can be combined.

First time, I hear of decamired filters - sounds like they can do some interesting stuffs.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do it in Photoshop now Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, as you say most of this can be done in PS these days but a polarizer is always good to have.
The close-up lens appears to be very good quality, it's not a Raynox but it's handy to have in my bag or jacket pocket.
Never heard of Decamired Filters before, I'll go and google them. Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the dark one is a polariser as there doesn't appear to be a turning ring for finding the correct angle for effect, so it is probably an ND "silky water" filter.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
I don't think the dark one is a polariser as there doesn't appear to be a turning ring for finding the correct angle for effect, so it is probably an ND "silky water" filter.

I think you're correct, I've just compared it to a polarizer and they are clearly not the same. But that's cool, an ND filter is just as welcome in my bag. Smile