Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodakchrome, Fujichrome, and Agfachrome
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Kodakchrome, Fujichrome, and Agfachrome Reply with quote

So my girlfriend can get to know her dad better, I've been scanning his 5,000+ slides lately. I'm almost through the third (of three) boxes of Chicago slides. Here are a few that stand out.

All were taken with his (now my -- yay!) old Spotmatic SPII and 50mm 1:1.4 Takumar. I don't think he had any other lenses.

Brand new Sears Tower right after construction ended.

Buckingham Fountain in front of a MUCH different skyline than seen today.

70's pants were the best.

Back when carnival freak shows weren't considered insulting.

Time machine. Each film negative or slide ever captured is a time machine.

Fujichrome, and it held its color well.

Best shot I've found yet.

Agfachrome. Of the films I've identified in these boxes so far -- the three listed in the title plus Ektachrome -- the Agfachrome has held its color better than any others. In fact, many of the Agfachrome slides needed no color restoration.

A good shot to close on.

I'm taking a BUNCH of these shots back when we go in a couple weeks and the girlfriend and I are spending one of our days tracking down some of the places where these were shot and re-taking the photos. Also planning to do a half-frame-of-each-type-thing where part of the original slide is in the image surrounded by the current scene. That should be fun if it's not too windy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning!
Slide film shows why it is still king again!
No. 3 is the standout for me...it looks soooo 3d, awesome! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job, #5 has the more 3D for me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing these,He took some great building photos...does he still take photos?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
great job, #5 has the more 3D for me

+1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 is a great shot. It's great to see all these old slides. Well done.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mo,

He does not. He gave his Nikon N80 to my GF and me his Spotmatic SPII, Pentax SF10, Tokina 35-70, and Takumar 50/1.4. I think he had toyed with getting a DSLR for a while but elected not to.