Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dekret Folder - Does anyone have any information?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Dekret Folder - Does anyone have any information? Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

I purchased this item just now as an 'it is so unknown, is in such bad repair, it is probably worth nothing' item.

I have use Bing, Dig pile and Google with no results (in English at least)

Perhaps others may have heard of it. My guess at this point is a 'house brand' commissioned by a retailer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a Franka of some sort, with a bit of digging we should be able to figure out the model. You can see the FW (Franka Werke) logo on the foot assembly on the folding bed.

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Rolfix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been seeing this around on ebay for several months. I'm a sucker for a cheap Compur shutter, but the postage from Bulgaria always seemed to make the package uneconomical.

Could be a house brand. It does look like a Franka, but not the usual Rolfix as those didn't have Compurs that I know of. The ones I am familiar with had Prontors.

The valuable bit in this is the Compur shutter, which could be used, possibly, to repair or upgrade some other camera.
If you have a good lens on a busted shutter this may help.
Thats assuming there isn't anything wrong with this shutter of course.
And if you have a rim-set Compur with bad aperture or shutter blades, this probably has some good ones to swap.

The rest is probably not of much use. The front standard looks bent and the bellows look pretty bad. Maybe use it in a "Frankenstein" job with bits from another camera.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not recognize the emblem on the rail bed for what it was, me bad.

Yes, it is in hideous condition. The only piece I want is the lens and shutter. I see the lowest f setting is 3.something. Normally I am used to seeing f4.something on ~105mm lenses (I am assuming here it is 120 film). So, I want it as a different lens formula than a 'normal' 105mm f4.5 Radionar, etc. I follow along (well behind in talent) with member vilva.

The shipping to receive interval is ~2 months according to the e*ay auction from Bulgaria to the US. I will have a long time to wait and see just how bad the shutter/lens actually is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front element is missing - this is a front element focus type, probably a triplet, but its incomplete.

The second element is there, along with the female part of the focusing screw. The focus indicator blade is there too.

The assembly with the male part of the focus screw, front element and the bezel with the range markings, is not there.

There were quite a few larger aperture triplets seen in the later 1930's. I have a 10.5cm f/3.8 Steinheil Cassar and Meyer Trioplan.. The Cassar was a pretty popular lens on these types, and known to be used by Franka also.

Now, the usual Franka Rolfix has a Prontor, and I suspect the triplets usually seen on these will pop right in to that Compur. You could upgrade a Franka Rolfix into a "super" Rolfix.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, I have many times spent more on a very poor meal.............................