Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 2.8/29 (infinity focus by Nikon body)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 2.8/29 (infinity focus by Nikon body) Reply with quote

So far in my collection of M42 wide lenses, only this one can be infinity focus on my D90.
Of couse I mounted a glass adapter on it.
Can someone introduce me the other wide lenses that can be infinity focus by Nikon?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the quality images you have made with that lens! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerris2 wrote:
I like the quality images you have made with that lens! Smile

Thanks for your comment! Very Happy
All thses MF lenses have good performance in bad weather, but hard to focus precisely.
Fortunately, D90 has the live-view function to capture it , but lack of lightmeter support for MF lense.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use M42 lenses on my Nikon D70. I would think it would be difficult to focus without a split screen focusing screen. I had it installed by Katz Eye business in US. I have to use the adapter with the optic to be able to focus at infinity. I do not know which adapter is best quality. I need to research this more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerris2 wrote:
I use M42 lenses on my Nikon D70. I would think it would be difficult to focus without a split screen focusing screen. I had it installed by Katz Eye business in US. I have to use the adapter with the optic to be able to focus at infinity. I do not know which adapter is best quality. I need to research this more.

It is hard to give you any recommend, after all, we live in the different country, but Nikon body is not so ideal to mount M42 lenses.
If you love these lenses, soon or later, I think you will change to the other camera.
As to me, I just wait for the Pentax or Sony NEX to release Full-Frame body.
Or use a vintage M42 camera untill you find your ideal digital camera.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardwang wrote:
Gerris2 wrote:

It is hard to give you any recommend, after all, we live in the different country, but Nikon body is not so ideal to mount M42 lenses.
If you love these lenses, soon or later, I think you will change to the other camera.
As to me, I just wait for the Pentax or Sony NEX to release Full-Frame body.
Or use a vintage M42 camera untill you find your ideal digital camera.

Sony does have FF, but it's old fashioned. :lol:NEX 7 has just come out, so I think next year maybe. FF + Translucent mirror? I dont want to think about that. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I think Sony will be the first to come out with a FF mirrorless camera. If they can do that at an affordable price let the good times roll! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more Ian's domain but let me be the one to suggest RMC Tokina 2.8/28mm in native Nikon mount.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon should make a FF mirrorless to use with those old beautiful Serenar lenses:-)