Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Belfast Titanic Centre and Nomadic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Belfast Titanic Centre and Nomadic Reply with quote

Sony NEX-5N and Sony 3.5-6.3/18-200mm OSS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don´t understand why so much users are not satisfied with this lens. A perfect super zoom for travel with very good IQ as your sample shows.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
I don´t understand why so much users are not satisfied with this lens. A perfect super zoom for travel with very good IQ as your sample shows.

Wink

Who is not satisfied with this lens? I've also only seen overall good reputations (with a few stupid exceptions of course like "my Leica Summicron is sharper" or "it's to big and heavy for my pocket" and stuff like that Very Happy)

Check reputations on Amazon, Photozone and co. They are practically all very positive. The only real drawback are some CAs on the very long end and at the very short end but anyway this lens is optically decent (and a superzoom!)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general way of thinking is that all big zooming ratio lenses can't be good and are just a matter of concessions.
Maybe Rolf means that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
The general way of thinking is that all big zooming ratio lenses can't be good and are just a matter of concessions.
Maybe Rolf means that.

I tend to agree, but this lens is much better than most! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to !
Exception which confirms the rule ? Very Happy