Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NEX 5-N first time out
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: NEX 5-N first time out Reply with quote

Since last week i joined the growing group of NEX-users with a brandnew NEX 5N. As the adapters were on their way from the far east and i only had a T2-adapter (i have no AF-E-mount stuff), i decided to take a walk with a Typonar 2.8/135 preset.

1 The lens and the NEX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This camera seems to treat a lot of lenses very well

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats with your new cam Very Happy ....Nice serie, seems to be a great lens (may be a little bit too cold colours!)...but I just found the lens too big for this cam.... personally, I like to use the nex with small lenses and short focal, above 85mm I found quite difficult to focus with the live view, especially handheld....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Congrats with your new cam Very Happy ....Nice serie, seems to be a great lens (may be a little bit too cold colours!)...but I just found the lens too big for this cam.... personally, I like to use the nex with small lenses and short focal, above 85mm I found quite difficult to focus with the live view, especially handheld....

Thanks.

Focussing long lenses is not the problem with a NEX, peakfocussing works better than AF-assist on DSLR's(at least for me it does). The main problem with longer lenses is that the handling of the NEX is different from any other camera i used so far. It's more like holding a lens in your hand than holding a camera and working with longer lenses will take some time to get used to.(consider it quality-time with a NEX Cool )

As the first adapter(Y/CX)has arrived, partytime starts for my shorter lenses Very Happy
Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well presented, I like the first and last shot the most.