Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-2 on my Nex-5n
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Helios 44-2 on my Nex-5n Reply with quote

I'd forgotten just how much fun this Biotar copy is Very Happy

(click for bigger pictures)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Graham. Very nice and colourful images and perfect IQ.

Maybe the lens with the best price-performance ratio.

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not give such attractive looking graphs in scientific tests as its more expensive rivals, but I love looking at the photos the Helios lens produces. The eye gives much better measurements than any scientific equipment in my opinion. Terrific set of shots.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my comments in previous threads about the benefits of using this camera. I am beginning to turn into a "fan"

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had a great light on this serie, indeed great colourful images with this little amazing lens!.....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments Smile The Nex-5n is brilliant with the EVF, I find it very difficult to use without it though! There is something about this Helios, it renders very similar to the original Biotar, more so than my Helios-44M-4 I think. Sides are a bit soft at large apertures though. But I call that character Wink