Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax to EOS adapters. HELP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Pentax to EOS adapters. HELP Reply with quote

There were a couple of threads covering this topic but they are from some time ago. So I thought to ask the question again.

I have just received my 15mm Pentax SMC lens. I bought an adapter but this thing puts the lens on in an off set position. That way I get the petals of the sun hood in my frame.

So now I am looking for an adapter that is NOT offset. I will have to take the aperture lever and fin of, but that is not a problem.

Does anyone have an idea where to find the appropriate adapter?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOUND IT!

There is one adapter that ensures the Pentax lenses sitting as they should. It's made by KIPON. Nice adapter, expensive tho. I paid 65 Euro's for it, but it does the business .
You will have to get rid of the aperture lever and fin. Aperture lever I snapped of with a pair of pliers and the fin is plastic so I used a small pair of pliers and filled it down nice and smooth.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

propellor wrote:
FOUND IT!

There is one adapter that ensures the Pentax lenses sitting as they should. It's made by KIPON. Nice adapter, expensive tho. I paid 65 Euro's for it, but it does the business .
You will have to get rid of the aperture lever and fin. Aperture lever I snapped of with a pair of pliers and the fin is plastic so I used a small pair of pliers and filled it down nice and smooth.

Nice to know there is one that works properly even if it is a little expensive.

I've used cheaper versions in the past , successfully, but I regret removing the aperture leaver and fin. They were cheap (for good reason) lenses but I couldn't find an alternative to cutting bits off.
Oh well, you live and learn. Confused