Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some old slides - made with Konica 50/1.7 and Konica 28/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Some old slides - made with Konica 50/1.7 and Konica 28/3.5 Reply with quote

Digitalized all a little sloppy with the 100/4 Macro Rokkor lens without any PP except cropping.

My father on north kapp, about 30-35 years ago.

Some of the slide are very battered, I guess due sloppy development.

Somewhere in portugal

somewhere in the USA

Has anyone a clue where this was taken?

My mother on Rhodos, Greece, 28 years ago. According to the background I guess it's made in Lindos.

I guess this pic was made on Symi Wink

27 years ago Wink

My mother with my sister, I guess somewhere in Dithmarschen, North-West Germany.
The area is now filled up with thousends of windmills.

The camera (Autoreflex T) and lenses are still alive and except the exposure-meter which is a now working incorrect (-2EV) still fully working bye the way Smile Great quality Very Happy

Last edited by ForenSeil on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work! Gotta love old scans. Very Happy

I've got a series I need to put up from 1972-74 when my parents in-law travelled through europe and the middle east. They no-longer had the negs only the old battered and very small sized rolls of proofs. I recently went through and digitally scanned them all all for them.

These shots remind me of those, they tell a story. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was that taken? Good question.

So, first clue is the flag on the left, which is Portuguese. Next, it has to be in an ocean-side city because I don't think Portugal has any large lakes. And, that's a pretty grand sculpture, so it would logically be in a major city, such as Lisbon. (Lucky first guess.)

Next clue: long bridge. Coincidentally, Lisbon has a long bridge across the Targus River. SO the bridge is in the far background, assuming that the scan isn't inverted, that means that it's a North-South bridge based on the shadow angles. On the left is a Marina, so the target site is West of the Targus River Bridge (it may have an other name) and next to a Marina.

So, looking West of the Targus River Bridge on Google Maps reveals two marinas and, right next to one of them is a distinct shadow. Here's the link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=lisbon+portugal&hl=en&ll=38.693851,-9.205062&spn=0.004631,0.010504&geocode=+&hnear=Lisbon,+Portugal&t=h&z=17

That is the Padrão dos Descobrimentos (Monument to Discoveries) in Lisbon, Portugal. Importantly, that places your picture AFTER October 1960. If you're interested in who all the individual people on the monument are, here is the Wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monument_to_the_Discoveries

That was fun! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive results from those old slides, with little pp they should be perfect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bull shot obscured by someone's hand would have been superb. Best shot for me is the one of your mum in the snow with the pram.

I've really enjoyed all the old slides that people have been posting recently. Keep it up!