Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony nex7 + Leica Summilux-M 35 1.4 asph.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Sony nex7 + Leica Summilux-M 35 1.4 asph. Reply with quote

Hi all,

i finally got some time to take the nex7 onto the street

Here are some shots ->

And some inevitable flower power pictures ->

Thoughts:

1. the nex7 is "holdable" - i have biggish hands and the smaller nex cameras were cramping my fingers after shooting for a few hours
2. thanks to the bigger form factor, improved balance on some big sized lenses. nevertheless, i still like a DSLR for lenses like planar 85/1.4 or the M9 for lenses like summilux 75/1.4. much more stable and balance.
3. i see color cast on #5 and this is surprising considering this lens casts an image comparable in size to a 50mm lens on the sensor
4. i LOVE the focus peaking but i hope you can set one of the dials to change the peaking colors during shooting? when i shoot a rose, a red focus peaking doesnt help me and the same goes for shooting lilies with white focus peaking
5. deleting all the images from the memory card was slightly confusing. not a complaint as this could possibly avoid deleting all images by accident.
6. do they have a thumbs-up for the nex7 yet?
7. the EVF is incredible!!! unfortunately, my shots look dull on my screen after you see the preview in the EVF Laughing
8. is it possible to set a dial to switch between the VF and display screen? i dont chimp so i turned off the screen and only use the VF but for some creative angles, i wanted to use the screen tilt so i had to go back inside the menu and change it everytime
9. i bought the nex7 as a travel camera. i do travel to some locations where i dont want to carry €20,000 worth of camera+lenses. problem is, the cosmicar 25/1.4 doesnt fully cover the sensor. i want a cheap 25/26mm lens so i can have a 35mm equivalent and i've ordered the sony sel50f18 so i have a 75mm equivalent for my travel kit. can any of you suggest a 25/26 mm lens that covers the sensor? i already have 28mm lenses and 30mm lenses so im looking for something shorter.
10. thank you Sony!!! im loving this camera!
edit - 11. Is HAWK's the best macro adapter or is KIPON also good? I've only had good experiences with KIPON products but is the macro adjustment the same or does HAWK's focus closer?

Now please make one with a FF sensor, while keeping the body size the same if not a tad bit bigger Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi hari
i look forward to your shots, but i have to agree with you on these, as they do appear rather dull and flat. that certainly is not typical of the lens, which leads me to question the camera, or at least the camera/M lens combo.

as for 25mm, have you considered a cv skopar 25/4. its a lot slower than you like, but a great lens. i do wonder if it will render similarly dull and flat on this cam because its a RF lens...maybe youd be better off with something like the yashica ml 24/2.8 c/y mount?
tony