Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 9 among the flowers who says a jupiter is not sharp
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Jupiter 9 among the flowers who says a jupiter is not sharp Reply with quote

Well managed to take the Jupiter 9 with me on the new A55 none of these where above F4 and i did not have a hood straight JPGs from the camera

#1 F2

#2 F2.8

#3 F2.8

#4 F2.8

#5 F4

Last edited by eddieitman on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People usually say not enough sharp wide open and excellent sharp stopped down as you prove it. I think this is good character a bit soft wide open not harm and help to increase variety of usage.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suprisingly strong colors! Is this natural or was the camera set to a vivid mode? Or is this lens so contrasty?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope camera was not set to vivid, just on standard, This lens does produce very nice results has that lovely russian Purple coating same as the 11a

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the colour and composition of #3 and the sharpness and detail captured in #5. Nicely done.

I had this lens but never really warmed up to it and sold it. I'm not really sure why.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had this lens but never really warmed up to it and sold it. I'm not really sure why.

I had same issue with my first black M42 SLR lens, I sold it too. I bought a Silver SLR lens M39 after, still with me, experience was better.
and ... I bought RF lenses Laughing I have 3-5 copies just let you to know how I like it Laughing all different mount edition, stunning lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Jupiter 9 among the flowers who says a jupiter is not sh Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Well managed to take the Jupiter 9 with me on the new A55 none of these where above F4 and i did not have a hood straight JPGs from the camera

Nice samples.

They may not be above f/4, but were they f/4, f/2.8, or f/2?

My MC M42 version is soft at f/2, a bit better at f/2.8, and is sharp at f/4. I know some M42 versions are sharp at f/2. And my LTM version (black, not silver) is sharp wide open, which makes me think all LTM versions are sharp.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurentiu
Have now added the info
This is the M39 SLR version 1964 in Chrome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Sharp!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Laurentiu
Have now added the info
This is the M39 SLR version 1964 in Chrome

Thanks. Seems like the ones with the soft effect wide open are generally the M42 MC models. I expect the M39 is not marked MC. The output from your copy is similar to that from my LTM version.