Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to avoid dust?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: How to avoid dust? Reply with quote

Hey.

For the guy that clean and repair lenses...

How do you guys avoid dust in the elements.
I finished cleaning with 2 microfibre cloths, using air blower thingy but I stilll cant get rid of some tiny dust specks.
The microfibre cloths seemed perfectly clean...
I suppose I have find a place with less dust than my living room...
Any advice? Lens paper? Something for static electricity?

Embarassed I want to clean my lenses, not getting them dirty...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: How to avoid dust? Reply with quote

I think the best thing you can use is chill Wink

Seriously, I think you have to have the ability to accept the presence of tiny flecks of dust inside your lenses that won't affect your picture unless you shoot at f64.

I use: microfiber & lens cleaning alcohol to clean the elements; surgical gloves (non-powder) to handle the elements; and Dust-Off (with care) just prior to putting the elements back.

If I look inside and I don't see anything huge, I put it down and satisfy myself. Unless you work in a vacuum chamber, I don't think you can ever completely rid yourself of tiny specks of dust, if you DIY.

With that said, I'm all ears if other members have suggestions Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what I do. Crying or Very sad

I want bright clean lenses Wink
Anyway, I suppose you are right...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use only once microfiber clothes and clean your room before assembly it should works