Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 8,5cm f/2 "P" (KMZ) and NEX5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Jupiter-9 8,5cm f/2 "P" (KMZ) and NEX5 Reply with quote

A new day, a new lens Smile

The Jupiter-9 "Russian Sonnar" 8,5cm f/2 doesn't need much of an introduction I think...
My lens has LTM and was assembled by KMZ. Beautiful lens... I surely will buy a another one for Kiev/Contax Very Happy

The ARG-file I use with exiftool for this lens: jupiter9LTM.txt (note: you must eliminate the space in "&#928 ;" to show the Π-mark)

Code:
-n
-ex
-XMP:Lens=Jupiter-9 8,5cm f/2 &#928 ; (M39)
-XMP:SerialNumber=5800237 &#928 ;
-EXIF:MaxApertureValue=2
-EXIF:FocalLength=85
-EXIF:FocalLengthIn35mmFormat=85
-EXIF:FNumber=2

You can read my blogpost, watch the dedicated Jupiter-9 gallery on my website, or look at the photos here:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice, a match made in heaven, and being silver it shoots at least 30% better Very Happy
I have to say that i am loving my Jupiter 9 pretty much every portrait i have done has been excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens ! I have 3 copies Laughing Embarassed and still looking for them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Silver lens shooting better on NEX? Reply with quote

Curios on the comments about the silver lens shooting better on the NEX. I see quotes of 27 to 39 percent higher IQ. I may be just missing the humor, of silver and silver. I am new to the group. Is there some diference?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan yes it is humour, though the soviet lenses marked with red p are better allegedly as they where assembled with components from the zeiss factory after the war

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Thanks I Understand Now Reply with quote

Thanks, eddieitman I see the humor and the veiled reasoning behind it. Perfect!