Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Converted my Minolta MD Rokko-X 45mm f/2 to EOS...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Converted my Minolta MD Rokko-X 45mm f/2 to EOS... Reply with quote

Yep, I'm sick...taking the rear off a Minolta MD Rokkor-X 45mm f/2 lens and turning it down on a lathe Smile

Just finished it this evening...taking it for a test drive in more light tomorrow:

Turning:

Final Product (taken with a Canon 40D and Minolta MD Rokkor-X 50mm f/1.4 @ 5.6):

Sample shot using the lens on a Canon 5D Mark II:

I like it...small, light, and relatively fast Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo a very nice neat solution, and as its not an exotic lens very good.
I wish i had yyour skills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive work! It looks great Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks awesome on the 5DII, nice machinery work as well.
Keep posting pictures, i love this stuff Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f2 close focus:

f2.8 close focus:

f2 about 6 feet away:

f5.6 about 6 feet away:

f4 shop shot about 6 feet away:

f5.6 car about 3 feet away:

f8 focused at infinity (I think focus starts to drop off where the driveway meets the street, which is about 40 feet away):

Overall impression? I'm glad I converted this lens...I'll call it one of my favorite lenses Smile

You can view the full-resolution version and more samples here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/motleypixel/tags/minoltamdrokkorx45mmf2/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samples look fantastic Smile
You've done a good job Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More samples:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice pairing for sure. Your infinity shots look fine to my eye, too. That's very good work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this 30 year-old "tiny" piece of glass:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens too, got it dirt cheap with a load of fungus, it was easy to clean and performs wonderfully. I kept it to use with my NEX, despite having the Konica Hexanon 1.8/40 and loads of other 50-ish lenses, I just like the character of this little Rokkor, especially the vivid colours and the very smooth bokeh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great images and good lathe work. I use this lens on my Nex and Minolta X700, it really is a fantastic lens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick snap with the 5DMK2...it's a keeper lens...size/value for performance is great!