Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Volna-9 50mm f/2.8 (M42) and NEX-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: MC Volna-9 50mm f/2.8 (M42) and NEX-5 Reply with quote

The MC Volna-9 (MC Волна-9) is a lens that doesn't much of an introduction I think... A fine optic from the LZOS plant, quite soft at f/2.8 but has a buttersweet bokeh wide open Smile

My new blog entry

Dedicated image gallery on my zenfolio-website

I use the following dedicated ARG-file with exiftool: mcvolna950f28.txt
Code:

-n
-XMP:SerialNumber=916288
-EXIF:LensModel=MC Volna-9 50mm f/2.8 (M42)
-EXIF:MaxApertureValue=2.8
-EXIF:FocalLength=50
-EXIF:FocalLengthIn35mmFormat=50
-EXIF:FNumber=2.8

This works with LR4 and NEX-5 RAW-files Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the balance of this combo feel like?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't easy to get the focus right when shooting without tripod, though I haven't tried this combination since I installed the new firmware that allows focus peaking. But I didn't experience is as out of balance though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens, I use in NEX too, guarantee nice pictures, but not easy to focus macro like other macro lenses on NEX.

Quote:
dedicated ARG-file with exiftool: mcvolna950f28.txt

How did you do that exactly?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
I have this lens, I use in NEX too, guarantee nice pictures, but not easy to focus macro like other macro lenses on NEX.

Quote:
dedicated ARG-file with exiftool: mcvolna950f28.txt

How did you do that exactly?

There is a topic about it on this forum: http://forum.mflenses.com/exiftool-for-mf-lenses-t47295.html